The A+ student
- Attends an A+ School for two years prior to graduation.
- Graduates from an A+ school with an un-weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintains a 95% attendance record in Grades 9-12.
- Performs 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for other students in our district.
- Maintains a record of good citizenship and avoids the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs.
- Scores Proficient or Advanced on the state level Algebra I EOC Exam or at least 17 on the math portion of the ACT Exam.
- Simply complete and sign the A+ Application and Tutoring Guidelines per instructions,
view the training video and pass the test with a score of at least 80%, and explore assignment opportunities with the A+ Office.
- It is recommended that students sign up even if they are planning to go to a four-year college or not going to college.
A+ is an opportunity for students to access after high school. It does not obligate them to use the A+ tuition reimbursement.
- A student graduating with A+ status is eligible for two years of tuition reimbursement to attend any public Missouri community
college or vocational/technical school as a full-time student. Tuition reimbursement covers tuition and most fees (subject to state
- An A+ student may be eligible for scholarships from four-year colleges and universities.
- The tuition reimbursement benefit is available to the A+ student up to four years after high school graduation.
- Students graduating from a two-year school may be eligible for transfer scholarships to a four-year college or university.
- Complete and submit ALL four (4) parts of the A+ application: Agreement, Parent Permission, Tutoring/Mentoring Application, and Tutoring Guidelines. Links to all these Google forms
are below. Important: To be considered valid, a Parent Signature is required on three (3) of the forms.
- Copy the link for the A+ Teacher Recommendation Form and paste it into two (2) separate emails to two (2) teachers of your choice, along with your request for each one
to complete it. The teachers will use the link to access the form, then complete and submit it directly to the A+ Office.
- Once all your paperwork is returned and verified, the A+ Office will email links for the A+ Training Video and Training Exit Test to you. Please watch the entire video and then take and submit the test.
- When you complete the test, and the results are processed with a score of at least 80%, you will be contacted by the A+ Office with detailed information about how to arrange your assignment.