The A+ student
- Attends an A+ School for two years prior to graduation.
- Graduates from an A+ school with an un-weighted cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Maintains a 95% attendance record in Grades 9-12.
- Performs 50 hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for other students in our district.
- Maintains a record of good citizenship and avoids the use of alcohol and unlawful drugs.
- Scores Proficient or Advanced on the state level Algebra I EOC Exam or at least 17 on the math portion of the ACT Exam.
- Simply complete and sign the A+ Application and Tutoring Guidelines per instructions,
view the training video and pass the test with a score of at least 80%, and explore assignment opportunities with the A+ Office.
- It is recommended that students sign up even if they are planning to go to a four-year college or not going to college.
A+ is an opportunity for students to access after high school. It does not obligate them to use the A+ tuition reimbursement.
- A student graduating with A+ status is eligible for two years of tuition reimbursement to attend any public Missouri community
college or vocational/technical school as a full-time student. Tuition reimbursement covers tuition and most fees (subject to state
- An A+ student may be eligible for scholarships from four-year colleges and universities.
- The tuition reimbursement benefit is available to the A+ student up to four years after high school graduation.
- Students graduating from a two-year school may be eligible for transfer scholarships to a four-year college or university.
- Download ALL four(4) parts of the A+ application: Agreement(2-sided), Parent Permission, Tutoring/Mentoring Application, and Tutoring Guidelines(2-sided).
These are fillable PDFs, so you don’t need to print them. Find them in your DOWNLOADS folder.
- Complete, sign, and save all downloaded application forms. Note: Parent Electronic Signatures are required on three(3) of the forms.
Attach them to a new email and return them to Mr. Baron in the A+ Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email the Teacher Recommendation to two(2) teachers of your choice. They will complete them and submit them to the A+ Office.
- Once all your paperwork is returned, the A+ Office will email links for the A+ Training Video and Training Exit Test to you. Please watch the entire video and then take the test.
- Once you complete and submit the test, and the results are processed with a score of at least 80%, you will be contacted by the A+ Office to arrange your assignment.